CONSERVE energy and SAVE money using the RPU Conserve & Save® rebate program!
Residential Rebate Applications
- 2017 Conserve & Save® Electric Efficiency Application
- 2018 Conserve & Save® Electric Efficiency Application
- 2017 Conserve & Save® Central Air Conditioner Clean & Tune Rebate Application
- 2018 Conserve & Save® Central Air Conditioner Clean & Tune Rebate Application
- 2017 Conserve & Save® LED Lighting Rebate Application
- 2018 Conserve & Save® LED Lighting Rebate Application
- 2018 Solar Rebates
- 2017 Conserve & Save® LED Holiday Lighting Rebate Application
- 2017 Conserve & Save® Water Efficiency Rebate Application
- 2018 Conserve & Save® Water Efficiency Rebate Application
- 2017 Conserve & Save® Rain Barrel Rebate Application
- 2018 Conserve & Save® Rain Barrel Rebate Application
RPU Trade Ally and Energy Solutions Partner lists
|ENERGY STAR® Appliance Rebates*||Amount|
|Room Air Conditioners||$25|
|Bonus Recycling Rebates*||Amount|
|Dehumidifiers||up to $15|
|Freezers||up to $15|
|Refrigerators||up to $15|
|Room Air Conditioners||up to $15|
|ENERGY STAR® LED Lighting Rebates*||Amount|
|LED Bulbs||50% of bulb or package cost, not to exceed $15 per bulb|
|LED Light Fixtures||50% of bulb or package cost, not to exceed $20 per fixture|
|Ceiling fans with LED Lighting||50% of fixture cost, not to exceed $15 per fixture ($25 for ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient models)|
|Additional Electric Rebates*||Amount|
|Central Air Conditioners||Rebates starting at $100|
|Furnace Fan Motors||$50|
|Air Source Heat Pumps||Rebates starting at $100|
|Geothermal Heat Pumps||See application|
|Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers||$75|
* For all of the above rebates, see applications for minimum efficiency requirements and complete terms and conditions.
Disclaimer: If a customer’s Rochester Public Utilities account is more than 30 days delinquent, rebate payments will be applied to their RPU account
Residential rebate processing questions:
Other Useful Information and Links
Use this guide to help find where hidden energy usage is in your home.
Use this guide to help find where you are using water in your home.
Take steps each day to save water and protect the environment by choosing WaterSense labeled products in your home, yard, and business. Learn more about WaterSense at https://www.epa.gov/watersense and how we can all get more by using less.
The Right Light Guide will help you compare the right lighting options depending on how much light you need, what color you want, and its costs and features. The Right Light App at http://rightlightapp.org is an interactive way to find the right LED bulb for you!
Use the Minnesota Department of Commerce’s Home Energy Guide to find more ways to save energy in your home.
RPU customers can borrow a Kill A Watt™ meter from RPU at no charge. These meters will help you determine how much electricity various appliances in your home consume whether turned on or off. Call Customer Service at 507.280.1500 to reserve a meter.
RPU’s Home Energy Report program gives you a look inside your energy use. With easy-to-read graphs, you’ll be able to see how your home performs through the year, as well as over the past year. Here’s how it works: On a regular basis (bi-monthly), you’ll receive a report in the mail. The report compares your energy use to similar households in your community. The report gives you tips on how to reduce your energy use, giving you opportunities to improve the numbers in future reports. To learn more about the Home Energy Reports program, check out our most Frequently Asked Questions.
Find out how much energy your refrigerator costs to operate and how much you can save when you purchase an ENERGY STAR® qualified model.