CONSERVE energy and SAVE money using the RPU Conserve & Save® rebate program!
Residential Rebate Applications
- 2020 Electric Efficiency Rebate Application
- 2020 Primary Electric Heat and Water Heating Rebate Application NEW!
- 2020 Central Air Conditioner Clean & Tune Rebate Application
- 2020 LED Lighting Rebate Application
- 2020 Electric Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Application
- Solar Rebate
- 2020 Water Efficiency Rebate Application
- 2020 Rain Barrel Rebate Application
- 2019 Electric Efficiency Rebate Application
- 2019 Central Air Conditioner Clean & Tune Rebate Application
- 2019 LED Lighting Rebate Application
- 2019 LED Holiday Lighting Rebate Application
- Solar Rebate
- 2019 Water Efficiency Rebate Application
- 2019 Rain Barrel Rebate Application
RPU Trade Ally and Energy Solutions Partner lists
|ENERGY STAR® Appliance Rebates*||Amount|
|Room Air Conditioners||$25|
|Bonus Recycling Rebates*||Amount|
|Dehumidifiers||up to $15|
|Freezers||up to $15|
|Refrigerators||up to $15|
|Room Air Conditioners||up to $15|
|ENERGY STAR® LED Lighting Rebates*||Amount|
|LED Bulbs||50% of bulb or package cost, not to exceed $7 per bulb|
|LED Light Fixtures||50% of bulb or package cost, not to exceed $20 per fixture|
|Ceiling fans with LED Lighting||50% of fixture cost, not to exceed $15 per fixture ($25 for ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient models)|
|Additional Electric Rebates*||Amount|
|Central Air Conditioners||Rebates starting at $100|
|Furnace Fan Motors Replacements||$50|
|Air Source Heat Pumps||See application|
|Geothermal Heat Pumps||See application|
|Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers||50% of cost, not to exceed $75 per controller|
* For all of the above rebates, see applications for minimum efficiency requirements and complete terms and conditions.
Disclaimer: If a customer’s Rochester Public Utilities account is more than 30 days delinquent, rebate payments will be applied to their RPU account
Residential rebate processing questions:
Other Useful Information and Links
Use this guide to help find where hidden energy usage is in your home.
Use this guide to help find where you are using water in your home.
ENERGY STAR is the simple choice for energy efficiency, making it easy for consumers and businesses to purchase products that save them money and protect the environment. Take steps each day to save energy by choosing ENERGY STAR labeled products in your home or business. Learn more about ENERGY STAR at https://www.energystar.gov.
Take steps each day to save water and protect the environment by choosing WaterSense labeled products in your home, yard, and business. Learn more about WaterSense at https://www.epa.gov/watersense and how we can all get more by using less.
The Right Light Guide will help you compare the right lighting options depending on how much light you need, what color you want, and its costs and features. The Right Light App at http://rightlightapp.org is an interactive way to find the right LED bulb for you!
Use the Minnesota Department of Commerce’s Home Energy Guide to find more ways to save energy in your home.
RPU customers can borrow a Kill A Watt™ meter from RPU at no charge. These meters will help you determine how much electricity various appliances in your home consume whether turned on or off. Call Customer Relations at 507.280.1500 to reserve a meter.
Find out how much energy your refrigerator costs to operate and how much you can save when you purchase an ENERGY STAR® qualified model.
Use this ENERGY STAR checklist to ensure that you ask the right questions of contractors when looking at new heating and air conditioning units.