United Way of Olmsted County Can help connect people and resources for those within our community. Please call 211 or visit https://www.211unitedway.org/ to learn more about assistance and resources throughout Olmsted County.
Three Rivers Community Action - If you are in need of assistance in paying your heating or electric bill, please apply visit Three Rivers Community Action website to apply for energy assistance. Download the RPU Cold Weather form to set up a payment plan during the cold weather window (October 15-April 15). If you have questions regarding the program and eligibility guidelines, please visit their website Three Rivers Community Action or call 507-316-0610 or 1-800-277-8418, ext. 154.
MN Benefits - Apply for benefits online. This application will connect you with the county you live in (Olmsted County 507-328-6400).
This one application can connect you with a variety of programs:
- Food Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Cash Programs
- Housing Support
- Child Care Assistance
RCTC Student Support and Resources - Students of Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) facing financial hardships and seeking to find support and assistance, please visit Student Support and Resources Form and complete this online form.
Salvation Army - To request help, please call 507-288-3663. To see a list of the services and support they provide, please visit https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/northern/Rochester/programs-and-services/
Society of St Vincent de Paul - If you are in need of assistance and live in Rochester, please call 507-216-7370 (Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri from 10-am-3pm).
Are you a veteran, spouse of a veteran, or in the military?
Veterans Assistance Program at Olmsted County offers benefits to veterans. For more information regarding this program, please visit Olmsted County Veterans Benefit Overview, call 507-328-6355, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SBA - Paycheck Protection Program resumed January 11, 2021
- Please visit U.S. Small Business Administration website for additional Coronavirus Relief Options at https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
- First and Second Draw PPP Loan extended and applications accepted until March 31, 2021
- Existing PPP borrowers that did not receive loan forgiveness by December 27, 2020 may reapply for a First Draw PPP Loan if they previously returned some or all of their First Draw PPP Loan funds OR request to modify their First Draw PPP Loan amount if full eligible amount was not accepted.
- Debt relief to existing SBA loan borrowers (additional debt relief payments to 7(a), 504, and Microloan borrowers beyond the 6-month period prescribed in the CARES Act; will begin on or after February 1, 2021)
Olmsted County State of Minnesota Small Business Relief Grant Program/RAEDI
- A total of $2,711,174 is available for grant awards approved by Olmsted County Board on January 19th, 2021. (funded by the State of Minnesota's County Relief Funding Program) $677,794 grant program for 501(c)(3) non-profits administered by the Rochester Area Foundation.
- Available grants up to $25,000 to small businesses and food/beverage-serving 501(c)(8) or 501(c)(19) non-profits
- Applications were accepted until January 31st, 2021, with awardees to be notified by February 15th.
City of Rochester - Liquor License Relief Program
- Supplement the License Grant Program and option to defer any fee payments for 2021-22 Licenses until August 1, 2021 (or pay quarterly with 10% down).
- Delay the 40% increase scheduled for April 2021 until April 2022.
Links are to external organizations that are not affiliated with RPU or the City of Rochester. These links are provided as a public service to RPU customers and RPU does not endorse for or against any of the organizations listed herein.