Welcome to Rochester, MN! .
Rochester Public Utilities welcomes you and we look forward to serving you.
If you need to start service with RPU, please call our office at 507-280-1500.
Items you will need to start your utility service:
- The address you need services started
- The date you are moving in (we require a 1-business day notice)
- A valid form of identification:
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- If you do not have a SSN, please come into our office at 4000 East River Rd NE, with a passport or another valid government issued ID
- If you are a commercial customer, you will need your federal tax ID number
- If you are renting, a copy of your lease may be requested
- A deposit may be required based on your credit history and is due on the date of service connection.
Do you have your account set up and now want to access it online? Download our app, RPU Connect to sign up for billing notifications, paperless bill, outage notifications, monitor usage, view and pay your RPU bill. You will need your RPU account number and your phone number. This is the phone number you provided to RPU when you set up your services. If you need to change the phone number on your account, please contact RPU Customer Care at 507-280-1500.
RPU Connect FAQs