Rochester's Annual Arbor Day Celebration
The celebration is held between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Rochester and is open to the public. The festivities include live music, lunch, free trees, various vendors, and many family activities. Winners of the elementary school Arbor Day Poster Contest are also announced.
This year, our 17th Annual Arbor Day Celebration, will be held on Friday, April 26, 2019 at Three Links – Silver Lake Park, located at 840 7th St NE in Rochester. As in past years, if there is extreme weather, the event will be moved indoors to Rochester Community and Technical College's Field House.
Participants include: Boys & Girls Club of Rochester, Minnesota Children’s Museum Rochester, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Olmsted County Environmental Resources, Quarry Hill Nature Center, Rochester Police Department, Rochester Public Library, Rochester Public Works, Rochester Water Reclamation Plant, Sekapp Orchard, and Zumbro Valley Audubon.
The festivities include:
- Free Admission
- Free Food – Hot Dogs, Chips, Corn on the Cob, Cookies, and Soda
- Presentation of the 2019 Poster Contest Winners
- Live Music from PK MAYO TRIO (formerly known as Paul Mayasich and his band, American Made Music)
- Smokey the Bear
- Free Trees
- Chainsaw Carving by Steve Elliott
- Family Activities including:
- Magic by Terry Lee
- Go! Play! Explore! Mobile Rec trailer by Rochester Parks & Recreation
- Bean Bag Toss Game
- BookBike and ArtCart by Rochester Public Library
- Temporary Tattoos
- Bird Wheel of Fortune Game by Zumbro Valley Audubon
- Tree Medallion Necklaces
- Give Recycling A Shot by Olmsted County Environmental Resources
- Apple Toss Game
- Meet "The Clog" by Rochester Water Reclamation Plant
- And much more!
- Overall Winner- Sophia Kozlowski- Mrs. Robinson, Bamber Valley
- First Grade- Urizen Fuhrer- Ms. Harmon, Lincoln
- Second Grade- Lyric Urban- Mrs. Mertesdorf, Churchill
- Third Grade- Lila Sas- Mrs. Sherman, Jefferson
- Fourth Grade- Jaidyn Ritchie- Ms. Schmidt and Mrs. Shaw. Riverside
- Fifth Grade- Sophia Cornish- Mr. Paul, Harriet Bishop