Rochester's Annual Arbor Day Celebration
The celebration is held between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Rochester and is open to the public. The festivities include live music, lunch, free trees, various vendors, and many family activities. Winners of the elementary school Arbor Day Poster Contest are also announced.
This year, our 16th Annual Arbor Day Celebration, was held on Friday, April 27, 2018 at Three Links – Silver Lake Park, located at 840 7th St NE in Rochester. As in past years, if there is extreme weather, the event will be moved indoors to Rochester Community and Technical College's Field House.
Participants include: Boys & Girls Club of Rochester, Minnesota Children's Museum Rochester, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Olmsted County Environmental Resources, Olmsted Soil & Water Conservation District, Quarry Hill Nature Center, Rochester Art Center, Rochester Public Library, Rochester Public Works, Saint Mary's University-Cascade Meadow, and Zumbro Valley Audubon.
The festivities include:
- Free Admission
- Free Food – Hot Dogs, Chips, Corn on the Cob, Cookies, and Soda
- Presentation of the 2018 Poster Contest Winners
- Live Music from Paul Mayasich and his band, Real American Made Music
- Free Trees
- Family Activities including:
- Smokey Bear
- Clowns and Balloonists
- Bean Bag Toss Game
- Apple Toss Game
- Temporary Tattoos
- Bird Wheel of Fortune Game
- Tree Medallion Necklaces
And much more!
- Overall Winner- Sophia Kozlowski- Mrs. Robinson, Bamber Valley
- First Grade- Urizen Fuhrer- Ms. Harmon, Lincoln
- Second Grade- Lyric Urban- Mrs. Mertesdorf, Churchill
- Third Grade- Lila Sas- Mrs. Sherman, Jefferson
- Fourth Grade- Jaidyn Ritchie- Ms. Schmidt and Mrs. Shaw. Riverside
- Fifth Grade- Sophia Cornish- Mr. Paul, Harriet Bishop