Track Your Energy Usage with RPU!
Tracking your energy usage is an essential component of energy conservation. Further analyzing your energy consumption patterns can help you identify opportunities to save both economically and environmentally while also establishing an energy usage baseline, or benchmark.
Energy benchmarking allows you to track your building’s energy usage and compare it against usage of similarly sized buildings. RPU can help customers obtain their historical energy and billing data to assist customers with building their ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®.
For more information on ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® click here. RPU and Community Development acknowledge the value in energy benchmarking. We have launched The Rochester Energy Benchmarking Program in attempt to help Rochester businesses and building owners track their energy use and identify ways to save money on utility bills. Our goal is to make the necessary data available to each of our commercial customers through the steps listed below.
For more information on the City of Rochester’s Energy Benchmarking Program click here.
ACCESSING YOUR HISTORICAL ENERGY DATA:
- Register a user account with RPU Connect. Registration FAQs can be found here.
- Login to your RPU Connect profile.
- From the Home page click on the “Usage” tab on the top of the page as seen below:
- The usage page will generate a cumulative illustration of your energy usage for the previous 12 months, with kilowatt-hours (kWh) consumed and measured peak demand (kW)*.
To export this data into an Excel summary table, which can be used for the Portfolio Manager®, click the “Export to Excel” link on the bottom left of the graph as seen below:
Note: If your building generates renewable energy, this information will not be displayed on this tab. Contact an RPU Energy and Environmental Advisor for your renewable generation data. *kW data is not available to Small General Service customers.
ADDING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS TO YOUR EXISTING RPU PORTAL:
- Upon logging in to your RPU portal, click the “My Account” tab on the top of the page and click on the “Link Account” option as seen below:
- Add the Account Number and the Primary Phone Number* associated with the account. Please be sure that the primary phone number used, matches the primary phone number registered to the account in our system. It can take up to 48 hours before you will have access to the historical energy and billing data on the newly added account.
For additional assistance and questions please contact one of our RPU Energy and Environmental Advisors at RPUMarketing@rpu.org.