RPU BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Members Present: Mr. Toulouse, Mr. Bourgeois, Mr. Hunziker, Mr. Carlson
Absent: Mr. Landwehr
Also Present: Mr. Adkins, City Attorney
Board President Toulouse called the meeting to order at
1. Mr. Hunziker moved to approve the minutes of the
2. Mr. Carlson moved to approve the accounts payable report, seconded by Mr. Bourgeois. All voting "AYE"
3. Mr. Tom Williamson, Senior Mechanical Engineer, provided the Board with an explanation of the boiler control project benefits, scope, schedule and costs. RPU's machinery insurer, Hartford Steam Boiler, and engineering consultants, Burns & McDonnell, have recommended the existing boiler control systems for replacement. The primary goal of the project is to replace the aging pneumatic and relay-based controls with a highly reliable, state of the art, integrated control solution. A request for bids was sent out
Mr. Carlson moved to approve a contract agreement with Novaspec, Inc. for the boiler control project, seconded by Mr. Bourgeois. All voting "AYE"
BE IT RESOLVED by the Public Utility Board of the City of Rochester, Minnesota, that the Common Council of the said City is requested to approve a contract agreement with Novaspec, Inc., and that the Common Council authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the agreement for Furnishing and Installing Boiler Controls - Silver Lake Plant
The amount of the contract agreement to be $2,965,103.00 plus a contingency of 5% ($148,255.00) for a total approved amount of THREE MILLION ONE HUNDRED THIRTEEN THOUSAND, THREE HUNDRED FIFTY-EIGHT AND 00/100 DOLLARS ($3,113,358.00) and Novaspec, Inc. being lowest responsible bidder.
4. Mr. Hunziker moved to approve payment of the Silver Lake Plant 2001 air emission fee in the amount of $73,299.40, seconded by Mr. Carlson. All voting "AYE"
BE IT RESOLVED by the Public Utility Board of the City of Rochester, Minnesota, that the Common Council of the said City is requested to approve payment of an invoice from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency for 2001 EMISSION FEE – SILVER LAKE PLANT
The amount of the payment to be SEVENTY-THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED NINTY-NINE AND 40/100 DOLLARS ($73,299.40).
5. Mr. Koshire provided the following report to the Board:
a. A brief update on the status of proposed deregulation legislation in
b. The American Public Power Association (APPA) has contacted RPU about contacting the Board and management employees for personal contributions to PowerPac. Mr. Adkins stated that the names of the employees of RPU are considered public data, but their addresses, and APPA can solicit employees if they wish.
c. Utility Board President Toulouse called a special meeting of the Utility Board to be held on
6. The management/financial reports were discussed.
7. Mr. Hunziker moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Mr. Bourgeois. All voting "AYE"
The meeting was adjourned at
Approved by the Board: