Neighborhood Energy Challenge
RPU and Minnesota Energy Resources have teamed up with the Center for Energy and Environment to offer Rochester homeowners the Neighborhood Energy Challenge (NEC), a full-service residential energy audit program.
The Neighborhood Energy Challenge includes:
- Free Energy Workshop. Attendance to our free "Saving Energy 101" workshop is mandatory to participate in the program – and a great opportunity to learn new no- or low- cost strategies to stop energy waste, all while visiting with your neighbors. Free childcare is provided.
- Home Visit and Materials. At the workshop you will have the opportunity to sign up for a Home Visit, where our crews of energy professionals will visit your home for an hour and a half to run diagnostic tests (like a blower door to test air leaks), install energy-saving materials, and find your home's best opportunities for saving energy and reducing your utility bills.
- Help With Next Steps. If our crews find an opportunity for significant savings through installing additional insulation, attic air sealing, or replacing old heating equipment, we can make the next steps easy by connecting you with qualified contractors, financing, incentives, and rebates.
The Home Visit, Materials, and Recommendations are all included in a one-time $50 fee.
Materials provided may include:
- Gasket seals
- Safety caps
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (four styles)
- Pipe insulation
- High-efficiency faucet aerators
- High-efficiency showerhead
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 6:30 pm
Bamber Valley Elementary School
2001 Bamber Valley Rd SW
Rochester, MN 55902
- Monday, April 14, 2014 at 6:30 pm
Kellogg Middle School
503 17th St NE
Rochester, MN 55906
- Monday, May 12, 2014 at 6:30 pm
Lincoln K-8 Choice School
1122 8th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904
- Reserve your spot at the workshop by contacting Ashley Robertson
at 888.734.6365 or email@example.com