May 29, 2007 Meeting Agenda
4:00 p.m. RPU Service Center
1. Approval of Minutes of April 24, 2007 Meeting APPROVED
2. Approval of Accounts Payable APPROVED
3. Open Comment Period
(This agenda section is for the purpose of allowing citizens to address the Utility Board. Comments are limited to 4 minutes, total comment period limited to 15 minutes. Any speakers not having the opportunity to be heard will be the first to present at the next Board meeting.)
4. Springsted Inc. – RPU’s Credit Rating Upgrade (Presentation)
5. Funding of Next Phase of Hybrid Energy System Study (HESS) The Board recommended that RPU staff include funding for HESS in the 2008 budget and work with the University of Minnesota in securing a grant to fund the research.
6. Wellhead Protection Plan Part II Presentation (This constitutes a public hearing in accordance with Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4720, regarding RPU’s Wellhead Protection Program. Public input is requested.) The Board directed staff to submit the draft report to the Minnesota Department of Health for review and approval.
7. Appointment of Designated Representative and Alternate Designated Representative (Acid Rain Program, Clean Air Interstate Rule, and Clean Air Mercury Rule Requirements Federal Compliance Programs) APPROVED
8. Electric Engineering and Operations Report Presentation
9. Water Engineering and Operations Report Presentation
10. Consideration of Bids:
a. SLP Mobile Rail Car Mover APPROVED
b. SLP Unit 4-4 High Pressure Feedwater Heater Retubing APPROVED
c. Power Distribution Center (Emissions Reduction Project) APPROVED
d. Purchase of two Navistar Model 7400 58,000 lb GVW tandem axle truck cab & chassis APPROVED
11. Professional Services for Revisions to Steam Line APPROVED
12. Novaspect Service Agreement Support Plan Renewal- SLP APPROVED
13. Annual Update of SPP Tariff APPROVED
14. Elimination of 10% Surcharge on Rural Electric Customers The Board directed staff to give notice of the proposed change. This item will be on the June 26 agenda for board approval.
15. General Manager’s Report
16. Management/Financial Reports
17. Other Business