RPU BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Members Present: Mr. Toulouse, Mr. Landwehr, Mr. Utz and * Mr. Hunziker
Absent: Mr. Bourgeois
Also Present: * Mr. Adkins, City Attorney
Board President Landwehr called the meeting to order at
1. Mr. Toulouse moved to approve the minutes of the
2. Mr. Utz moved to approve the accounts payable report, seconded by Mr. Hunziker. All voting "AYE"
3. Mr. Greg Oxley, Director of Government Relations for the Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association (MMUA), appeared before the Board to provide an update on legislative activities at the state level. MMUA's legislative team actively represents member cities' interests on a wide variety of state legislative issues in
4. Mr. Hunziker moved to approve the annual maintenance on business software with SAP Public Services, seconded by Mr. Toulouse. All voting "AYE"
BE IT RESOLVED by the Public Utility Board of the City of Rochester, Minnesota, to approve a purchase order agreement with SAP Public Services Inc. for Software maintenance and support for 2003
The amount of the purchase order agreement to be SEVENTY TWO THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED NINETY SEVEN AND 40/100 DOLLARS ($72,797.40)
5. A revised resolution was distributed during the meeting with a reduced contract dollar amount for a proposed fuel cell project with the
BE IT RESOLVED by the Public Utility Board of the City of Rochester, Minnesota, to approve a contract agreement with the University of Minnesota and that the Public Utility Board authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the agreement for Hybrid Energy System Study
The amount of the contract agreement to be FIFTY-NINE THOUSAND AND 00/100 DOLLARS ($59,000.00) and RPU will provide the fuel cell for the study.
6. The preliminary 2003 budgets for electric and water were discussed with the Board. The preliminary budget for electric reflects a small rate increased proposed to be effective
* Mr. Hunziker and Mr. Adkins left the meeting at this time.
7. Mr. Koshire, General Manager, provided the following report:
a. The Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency (SMMPA) Board voted not to increase the cost of wholesale power to its members (this includes RPU). The SMMPA Board still needs to determine what to do with the bond refinancing savings they will receive.
b. The Cascade Lake transmission line re-route is completed.
d. The next RPU Board meeting will be
8. The management/financial reports were discussed.
9. Other Business:
Board member Utz and City Attorney Adkins attended the American Public Power Association's legal seminar recently.
9. Mr. Utz moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Mr. Toulouse. All voting "AYE" The meeting was adjourned at
Approved by the Board: